The Satanic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Radio
NEW IRC

is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing?

+3
Demonicvanguard
Dante Satanas
Katrina :)
7 posters

Go down

is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing? Empty is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing?

Post by Katrina :) Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:16 pm

whats the difference? and does satan approve of inflicting self harm and suicide?

Back to top Go down

is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing? Empty Re: is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing?

Post by Dante Satanas Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Satan does not approve of self harm or suicide, both are frowned upon. And also Devil comes from the sanskrit word Devi meaning God, so devil is not a bad term, also I'm not sure about everyone, but i do not worship anyone or anything, i am a satanist, but i don't worship Father Satan, i view him as teacher, a guide, and a friend.
Dante Satanas
Dante Satanas
Ranking Members
Ranking Members

Back to top Go down

is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing? Empty Re: is satanism and devil worshiping the same thing?

Post by Demonicvanguard Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm

I want to be a satanist wrote:whats the difference? and does satan approve of inflicting self harm and suicide?

Inflicting harm on yourself is the symptomology of a much bigger problem. Dante is also correct when it comes to Devil Worship. Satanism is not about bowing down, praying, or mindlessly worshiping a deity. We can leave the prostrations to the xians. Satanism is ultimately about empowering yourself so that you can attain your highest form of self. As the God of your own personal universe called your "mind," you are entitled to think or believe or fantasize whatever you want. If you envision Satan as an idea, force or form or intelligence, that is your decision. Your perceptions are your own. I cannot make that decision for you, nor can anyone else for that matter.
Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina :) Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:30 pm

okay thankyou! Is there like any thing that you have to do or like is there a certain way you act and stuff? I'm not sure i completely understand what satanism means or is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Katrina Smile wrote:okay thankyou! Is there like any thing that you have to do or like is there a certain way you act and stuff? I'm not sure i completely understand what satanism means or is?

Satanism is all about empowerment, becoming like the Gods. With the help of Father Satan and the Gods, we can elevate to a higher lever of spirituality. This is why it is important to establish a relationship with them. Father Satan and the Gods are very much real and are not to be viewed as an archetype. Although Satanism is about individualism, Father does expect everyone to take part in this spiritual war. Satan does for those that do for him. When we are new the Gods lend us their assistance but as we advanced we are expected to be able to handle most of the things on our own.

There is not set way that you have to act or a certain way that you have to dress. Do what ever fits you and make you comfortable.
Satan is our true creator. Satan is the bringer of knowledge. The goal of Spiritual Satanism is to apply this knowledge and transform our souls into godhead, as was originally intended by our Creator God Satan. Those who go it alone or without any spiritual protection often meet with disaster. Once one makes a commitment, Demons often guide us and work with us to help us advance.

The original religions now known as "Satanism" (by the way, "Satan" means "enemy" in Hebrew), were all based upon what is known as the "Magnum Opus" or Great Work. Satan is the God Ea, aka ENKI, one of the first of the Nephilim to arrive on this planet and establish the first civilization. They live throughout the galaxy in several different solar systems.

In truth, "Heaven" and "Hell" are code-words for the base and crown chakras. Every attempt was made by the church to replace any spiritual associations with these numbers and any significant numbers that were related to the human soul such as 144,000, which is the number of nadis within the human body to channel the life force. The "Horned God" originates to Sumeria. The Sumerian Gods wore headgear with horns. This predates Judeo/Christianity by thousands of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by LucifugeKaiser Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Mac Friday wrote:

(by the way, "Satan" means "enemy" in Hebrew)

I might also add that Satan means "Truth Eternal" in Sanskrit, a much more ancient language than hebrew. Now why would they deem truth as their enemy?
LucifugeKaiser
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Das Übermensch Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 pm

LucifugeKaiser wrote:
Mac Friday wrote:

(by the way, "Satan" means "enemy" in Hebrew)

I might also add that Satan means "Truth Eternal" in Sanskrit, a much more ancient language than hebrew. Now why would they deem truth as their enemy?
The most direct Hebrew translation for the biblical "Satan" is "the accuser." In the bible, this figure actually acts in accordance with Jehova's will, and I don't think that this "Satan" has anything to do with our Satan, other than similar etymology.

However, the bible does mention specific demons later on, such as Beelzebub and Belial, among other unnamed gentile gods, which are all portrayed as the enemies of the Jews.... very true.

My personal favorite biblical mention of Lucifer is the appearance of the serpent in the garden of Eden... who then convinces Adam and Eve that seeking enlightenment is the best thing they can do for themselves... but Jehovah forbids it... this kind of symbolism is pretty obvious if you ask me. The original bible never names this serpent "Satan," because the word has a different meaning in Hebrew (see above). Later (around the time the New Testament was written) the title of Satan began to apply to the gentile deities such as Enki. This is why Satan isn't his real name, though I've been told he doesn't mind.
Das Übermensch
Das Übermensch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I think it is most important to live proud of your beliefs. This does not mean being cocky, showing off, or acting pompous. This means acknowledging that your beliefs are true to you and that you have found something that is very special to you. It is to live a life of striving to be the best and achieving above and beyond. The ultimate goal of reaching God Head, becoming a god.

I am quite new to Satanism myself, only having been one for about 2 months. I have spent the last 2 years of my life being an athiest, which is quite depressing. I always new there was something more to life, and out of curiosity researched Satanism. After talking to people and reading I have found out that Satanism is quite special. I have not yet dedicated myself, as I do not want to be rushed. Through many of the JoS email postings, there are a lot of people that dedicate within a very short period of finding Satanism. I have personal reasons for not yet dedicating, one of them being my current living arrangements. But I am feeling more and more ready everyday.

You should research this topic. The JoS is a very good website full of lots of information, but there is also other sources of information on this topic you should look at as well. Don't take everything you read as fact, use your logic to determine what is and isn't valid information.

This is a good website for free Satanic pdfs. The Ali-Jilwah is a sacred book of traditional satanists. As well there are other books too you should look at. http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/articles/lhplibrary/freebooks.html

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by bboyYen Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Dante Satanas wrote:Satan does not approve of self harm or suicide, both are frowned upon. And also Devil comes from the sanskrit word Devi meaning God, so devil is not a bad term, also I'm not sure about everyone, but i do not worship anyone or anything, i am a satanist, but i don't worship Father Satan, i view him as teacher, a guide, and a friend.

Whoahh don't be ridiculous. The world Devil is a transliteration of a Greek word. So the transliteration of a Greek word has nothing to do with the transliteration of a Sanskrit word. Even though in English the transliterations may be similar.

True the word Devi means God or Deity in Sanskrit (although Devi is the feminine form of Deva).

The same thing applies to Satan meaning truth in Sankrit. Satan is a transliteration of a Hebrew word, even though the prefix sat in Sanskrit may mean truth the transliteration of Hebrew word into English has nothing to do with the transliteration of a Sanskrit word into English.

So sat in Sanskrit may mean truth. But Satan does not, as Satan represents a Hebrew word, and the Hebrew word means "the accuser". Same goes for Devil, which means "slanderer". Do you see how ridiculous this is, this is why I hate the things that JOS does.

It would be like taking the chinese word "Guo" (meaning province or country) and its pinyin "Guo" and finding some hypothetical word in another language and saying "Hey that word in the other language actually means country, as the PINYIN for the chinese word Guo means country!" nope. The pinyin for the word Guo doesn't mean country, the word Guo means country. Just because your word in another language sounds like a word in another language doesn't mean they have the same meaning.

bboyYen

Back to top Go down

Post by LucifugeKaiser Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Normally I would use the quote but my computer isnt working the way I want it to. In regards to that last post, remember that we are not here to smash anyones beliefs. It's ok if you hate certain sects of satanism but no infighting, ok?
LucifugeKaiser
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down