The Satanic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Radio
NEW IRC

Facebook Connect

2 posters

Go down

Should we use it?

Facebook Connect I_vote_lcap75%Facebook Connect I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Facebook Connect I_vote_lcap25%Facebook Connect I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Facebook Connect Empty Facebook Connect

Post by LossoCelo Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 am

As we are all aware, Facebook is the supreme overlord of the internet for now... However it is also the spark of ALOT of controversy. There's people who dislike the use etc., well recently the forum host introduced a way to make a Facebook connect on the forum so you can click a button and poof, the forum uses your facebook to log you on here. This is seen in many major sites these days. I want to put it to a vote if you guys think we should utilize this tool or not.

Pros -
You don't have to worry about forgetting your password as long as your facebook email, and forum email match.
Faster log in.
We will have an edge against the other forums by holding a more advanced log in.

Cons -
Trolls may become more often. (Easily resolved by a reliable moderation staff)
We may quickly become the spot of controversy of facebook love and haters. (Though if the button is used it's not required to be used every time. Nor is it required to be used in the first place.)
I'm sure as we progress more pros and cons will reveal themselves.

-Losso
(If you vote please leave why you think it should or should not.)

LossoCelo
Admin

https://satansarmy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Facebook Connect Empty Re: Facebook Connect

Post by LucifugeKaiser Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Haters don't have much real power. besides, there are a lot of big name Satanists (like Venus Satanas for example) on facebook who've may have never heard of us. Good publicity, though my only problem would be having my account linked to my facebook. Facebook accounts aren't really hard to hack into, but I guess you don't have to link your facebook if you don't want to.
LucifugeKaiser
LucifugeKaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by LossoCelo Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Yes I did mention that point, honestly I don't care. I'm thinking about you guys here, I don't plan to use it thereby my vote doesn't count(And because I'm trying to be an Unbias admin). Personally I use my facebook to talk to people, if it hasn't been hacked yet, it's a very slim chance that it's going to. I use it for one game, but thats because I forgot the password a long time ago and they don't offer a "request new password" like we do.

-Losso

LossoCelo
Admin

https://satansarmy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down