The Satanic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Radio
NEW IRC

meditation?

3 posters

Go down

meditation? Empty meditation?

Post by Jordan Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Hey, this is the new guy again. I was looking up meditation off of the joy of satan website and found there was lots of information. I tried some of the power meditations in the beginner category and found that I didn't feel much different other than feeling a little bit calmer. I also tried getting into a deep trance too. I was wondering what meditation excercises, or even a daily/weekly routine a person should do who has never meditated in their life and is just starting on this path (haven't even dedicated yet). With my current living arrangements it would be safer to wait a few months to dedicate, plus it would give me more time to research into this path. Someone recommended that I begin meditating so I was wondering what you guys would recommend a newbie.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

meditation? Empty Re: meditation?

Post by LossoCelo Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

It is a very good idea to wait before dedicating. Many people do this, to be honest it's like rushing into a thornbush. The more you secure yourself the less your going to get hurt. The more you study before you dedicate, the less chance you have of making a mistake and getting yourself hurt. Demons are very kind and respectful, but they're definitely not the people you want to double cross, I've got a friend that fucked with that and his house burnt down after a conversation "gone bad" with a demon.

As for where to start, it really depends who you are. Demon discusses this once somewhere in the forum, I just don't know where.

-Ulister

LossoCelo
Admin

https://satansarmy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonicvanguard Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Greetings Jordan,

I'm not the type of person to refer you to a website or any other source of information. The reason being is that when I started out on the path there was no JOS, and most of the Web-info was basically UserNet groups and was a bit sketchy at best. The biggest obstacle to meditation, for the beginner, is being able to sit in the Asana (sit still in a posture without moving) for any length of time. The second obstacle is being able to quiet and fix the mind on a single point. The first exercise I would encourage you to do is first see if you can sit in meditative posture/asana for at least 30 min. At this time don't worry about letting your mind wander a bit. After you are able to sit still for this length of time, you can then start on training the mind.

The first mental/meditative exercise is being able to focus your mind on a single object. The object you chose should be very simple in design, for example, A "pencil". Of course, you are now in your asana and you have your Pencil fixed firmly in your mind. The goal here is to stop all intruding thoughts from entering your mind except for your Pencil. In the beginning, you will find that you probably will not even be able to go one minute without other thoughts racing into your mind. Do not be discouraged...this is normal. Keep focusing on the PENCIL! The key to focusing on the Pencil is to give the pencil movement in your mind. Rotate it; flip it; spin it; just give it motion and movement. You will find that this helps keep your focus on your object. I would also encourage you to keep a notebook and pen beside you to document all breaks in concentration. Thus, when you have a break in concentration you just mark a check in your notebook that is sitting beside you, then resume meditation. The goal here is to be able to track your progress. It is not uncommon to have 40 check-marks in your first 30 min meditation. Again, do not be discouraged. The next meditation you may only have 38 check-marks...the next less. Of course, the goal is to eventually have no check-marks. This process can take weeks-to months depending on the individual and the effort.

I would start with this in regards to meditation. Now there are also some simple physical rituals that I can give you as well. These rituals require no accessories other than your person. Let me know if you are interested?

Invoke often,

dv
Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonicvanguard Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 pm

LossoCelo wrote:It is a very good idea to wait before dedicating. Many people do this, to be honest it's like rushing into a thornbush. The more you secure yourself the less your going to get hurt. The more you study before you dedicate, the less chance you have of making a mistake and getting yourself hurt. Demons are very kind and respectful, but they're definitely not the people you want to double cross, I've got a friend that fucked with that and his house burnt down after a conversation "gone bad" with a demon.

As for where to start, it really depends who you are. Demon discusses this once somewhere in the forum, I just don't know where.

-Ulister

I agree 100% Ulister! I would not rush the dedication process. Take this time to strengthen the mind and explore all of your options. Dedicated Satanist's do not need to engage in proselytizing.

I know there is all this push to dedicate; however; more often than not, a rushed dedication leads to emptiness, disillusionment, and ultimately abandonment of Satanism. I'm sure there are thousands of Satanists out there in name only...but of what use are they really?

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

dv
Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks for the information. Can someone please tell me how to quote? Anyways, this is a reply to Demonicvanguard about the physical rituals. The only concern about this is that I live with my parents (which kind of sucks considering I'm 21) because I ran into some money issues, plus I'm going to school. But in May I should have an internship for an engineering firm for a year or so, allowing me to move out on my own again. The first time I moved out I just graduated highschool, and spent more money partying than I made and ended up in some debt. Anyways, enough about me. If the rituals are simple and could be performed and cleaned up in a relatively quick and clean fashion I would be interested

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:45 am

I tried doing that 30min focusing meditation just now. I found that about 10 or 15 minutes into it that my body started involuntarily leaning forward and backwards in a rhythmic pattern. I can still feel the urge to keep up this pattern, its a very slight movement where going from leaning forward to back forward is about 1 second. Is this normal?

By distractions are you referring to any eluding thought that comes to your head, or just shifting around and taking your eyes off the object? I was able to go for around 5 minute intervals without taking my eyes off of the object, but I found it extremely hard not to think of anything.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonicvanguard Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 am

Thanks for the information. Can someone please tell me how to quote?
Greetings Jordan,

If you hit "quote" button on a particular thread, it will automatically quote the entire thread in your reply. Now what I did above, is just highlight and copy the piece of text I want to quote, paste into my reply; then highlight it again then hit the picture of the quote on the toolbar just below the "post title" field. When you do this...it will put [quote] BB tags before and after the text quoted. Now there is a multi-quote button on the threads, but I have not figured out whether it works or not?

If the rituals are simple and could be performed and cleaned up in a relatively quick and clean fashion I would be interested

Yes, these rituals require no materials and they are relatively simple once they are committed to memory.

Invoke often,

dv
Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonicvanguard Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:43 am

I tried doing that 30min focusing meditation just now. I found that about 10 or 15 minutes into it that my body started involuntarily leaning forward and backwards in a rhythmic pattern. I can still feel the urge to keep up this pattern, its a very slight movement where going from leaning forward to back forward is about 1 second. Is this normal?

May I first ask: what body position are you in when you are doing your meditation? Your asana/posture should be such that you are not so comfortable that you want to fall asleep. Slight movements may happen in the beginning, but eventually your meditative concentration will improve to the point where these will seemingly cease. Your asana should also make it very difficult to move and adjust your body. You can sit on the edge of a chair with your hands palms down on your legs, or here is another simple example:

meditation? Baddha10

By distractions are you referring to any eluding thought that comes to your head, or just shifting around and taking your eyes off the object? I was able to go for around 5 minute intervals without taking my eyes off of the object, but I found it extremely hard not to think of anything.

In the meditation your eyes should be closed with only a mental picture of the object firmly fixed in your mind. Now there are eyes open meditations and gazes, but this is not what we are going for here. Sorry if I did not make that clear in my previous post. And yes you need to try to prevent any thought other than the object from entering your mind. This is the tough part! For you mind will automatically want to think about the days events e.g., what you had for breakfast, the hot chick you saw walking down the street, the awesome shit you took after lunch, etc, etc. You must fight this! Put a check each time you have a break in concentration in the notepad beside you. Let me know if you have any further questions...

Invoke often,

dv

Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:45 pm

my bad. I was reading JoS and it said somewhere that beginners should meditate with their eyes open. When you mention the pencil I took it literal and stared at a pencil while I meditated. I found that very hard since me eyes started watering and got sore. I also had the wrong posture too. I'll try again tonight before bed for a half hour with this posture and keeping my eyes closed and I'll let you know how many check marks I get. Hopefully its not too many

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm quite terrible at this. I could not last more than 20 or 30 seconds without a though popping up in my head, so I stopped keeping count. Whenever I have to stop and write down a check mark I then have to start over, get concentrated, resume my posture, etc. So I stopped keeping track. I just keep trying hard to focus, and do go for the full 30 minutes before bed each night. I have so far done this about three times. I'm not flexible enough to use the posture shown in the picture since I'm an avid weight lifter and don't really stretch all that often. It's kind of sad that I used to be flexible enough to do the splits when I used to take karate. Instead I sit on the edge of a chair with my back straight and palms down on my knees like you also said. At least with this excercise it makes me feel calm, and forget about all the stress of the day (tests, job interviews, assignments, meetings, etc.) I really do feel somewhat overwhelmed with my life with everything going on and just wanna take a break. Unfortunately if I take a break I will end up failing my classes. At least I have an internship as an engineer for my city coming up in a few months. This will give me free time, money so I can move out again and start life fresh, and privacy from my parents allowing me to do more than use the internet to research Satanism.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down