The Satanic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Radio
NEW IRC

Security Issue

3 posters

Go down

Security Issue Empty Security Issue

Post by Dimitri Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 am

Having your password in plain text as an email is a huge security issue. There are unsecure file transfer protocols where any and all information is viewable in plain format, so if someone did not want to bother hacking an email. Passwords should never be sent in an email. Even if you forget, simply reset it, through a series of verification links. This might simply be the sites platform way of doing things.
Dimitri
Dimitri

http://www.deafeningsilence-dimitri.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Security Issue Empty Re: Security Issue

Post by Demonicvanguard Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Greetings Dimitri,

I would first like to welcome you to the group and I would encourage you to put up a brief bio. in the intro. section. As far as the security, I believe that things pretty well in hand here. The php2/3BB are pretty secure when it comes to encrypting passwords within the data base. Of course, like we spoke via email, if you are a victim of social engineering, a virus, or a keylogger...this can be an different issue. The mod.'s and admin on this board are extremely vigilante and skilled at recognizing plants, posers, and even hackers. The past issue with data loss had to do with a problem with a server backup during a recent forum update. This was beyond admin's control and we are working with the hosting agency to make sure this never happens again.

Welcome again!

dv
Demonicvanguard
Demonicvanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 pm

As DemonicVangaurd said this website is very safe. Don't worry about it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimitri Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Yea, got it. Thanks. DV, I will sure put a bio up, I'm just figuring this website out. Just thinking since folks' emails have been hacked, then thats a way into here for them..but I digress. Smile Thanks for all the help and the welcome DV.
Dimitri
Dimitri

http://www.deafeningsilence-dimitri.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitry Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:56 am

Wow..I'm surprised this is still up here..Forgot I posted that..
Dmitry
Dmitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum